Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Something for the Kids...

Joshua Watkins - For the Kids
On Friday the 19th of November, I went to Seqouyah Middle School here in Atlanta to visit my Aunt and to talk to her about some things. When I got to the school I was told that she would be in the cafeteria. A couple days before, my Aunt had been passing out flyers of my new album I HOPE YOU LOVE ME. When I walked into the Cafeteria the kids at this one table kept staring at me and whispering to each other. Then one kid screamed "IT'S HIM!!!! IT'S HIM!!!!!". They were screaming and yelling and saying they had heard my music. My aunt ran in and pulled me out because they where so loud. In her class room the kids returned and I spoke to them about life and music and how I am here for them if they needed me. One of the students name Kobe Ross told the other students he can out rap me a day earlier. So my Aunt went next door and got him. We both went at it right there in the class. Props to Kobe for overcoming his fears. Afterward, the kids ran up to me and asked for an autograph on the flyers they had received earlier!. It brought so much joy to me to see how they were smiling and into everything I was saying. I felt like I had purpose. I thank God for that experience and hope that I can continue to have experiences where I can inspire youth. Much Love to Seqouyah Middle School and my Aunt Piper Cunningham!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. ha omg dat is really wassup lol. HA dont let all this fame go to ur head lol jp. But thats good alota ppl get big by passing there things out to the ppl first:)

    -keke

    ReplyDelete
  2. So ill. This makes me smile like mad!

    ReplyDelete